2016 NASG National Convention Sponsored by the SMSG
Convention Program - Latest Updates
-The Home Layout Tours are sold out. However, many layouts will be open for visits at alternate times during
Ladies Program & Registration
Home Layout Visits
Home Layout Descriptions
Day by Day Activity Schedule
Greeley's Place Contest
-D&M Boxcars with scale wheels are sold out. A new order has been placed and cars will be available with scale
wheels in one (1) road number only.
-Hi-Rail cars are still available in multiple road numbers.
Benefits you receive by staying at the Sheraton Hotel for the 2016 NASG Convention
- The Sheraton has recently undergone a beautiful remodeling and updating. The guest rooms are wonderful, relaxing and inviting.
- Our Convention room rate is a super competitive $109 a night for a luxury hotel.
- You must be a hotel guest to sign up for the Norfolk Southern Training Center tour.
- All hotel convention guests will get free in-room wifi.
- You must be a hotel guest to be eligible for the raffle for free room nights that will take place at the Saturday banquet.
- You are on site for all the convention activities; have a meal at the hotel restaurant, enjoy a cocktail with S gauge friends, or just relax in your room between activities.
- Your reservation helps the host club make this convention a financial success by avoiding additional costs.
Convention VideoClick HERE to view the 2016 NASG/SMSG Convention preview.
SMSG Model Railroading - Spring, 2016...
| May 22, 2016 ... The May meeting of the SMSG will be held at Greg Rich's home in New Baltimore, Michigan. Greg's layout will be featured in the June issue of MR. Above photo by Greg Rich
||April 17, 2016 ... Dave Held hosted the April meeting of the SMSG. All attendees were invited to take a trip on the Port Huron & Northern Railroad. Click Here to see more photos of the railroad.
- SMSG set-up in Oconomowoc, Wisconsin for the 2014 NASG Convention. Sig Fleischmann peeks over the tree line checking the action at John's Bar.
In 1978 a small group of guys interested in 3/16 model railroading initiated the Southeastern Michigan S Gaugers. The club was made up of modelers from the metro Detroit area, focused on S gauge model railroading, both in scale and American Flyer. Today, our membership includes modelers, collectors (AF, hi-rail and scale), manufacturers and distributors. In recent years the membership has ranged from 40 to 45 members, coming from as far away as Western Michigan, Northern Ohio and Ontario, Canada.
Many of us trace our railroad interest back to the toy trains of the 1950s and 60s, building tinplate layouts from famous names like American Flyer, Marx and Lionel.
We don’t limit
ourselves to any one facet of the hobby. Members build home layouts in scale, standard and narrow gauge,
Hi Rail and American Flyer Tinplate. As a club, we've built several modules, based on the S-Mod Standards, and display them at local railroad events.
Our club donated and maintains a small display layout at the Steam Institute in Owosso, Michigan. SMSG members have also constructed a large display layout and purchased a trailer to store and transport the sections to local train shows and conventions.
Interests & Activities...
- Scale, Hi Rail and American Flyer interests.
- Standard and narrow gauge modelers.
- AC, DC and DCC, with and without sound.
- Monthly meetings, September through June.
- Annual summer picnic in July or August.
- Monthly newsletter & eNews update.
- Club sponsored module layout.
- Large mobile display layout.
- Home layout operations in both scale & Hi Rail
- Yes, a handcar may be next.
Click here "Contact
us" or plan on attending one of our regular
meetings for more information.
May 22, 2016