2016 NASG National Convention Sponsored by the SMSG
Convention Program - Latest Updates
Ladies Program & Registration
Layout Tours & Operating Sessions
Home Layout Descriptions
Day by Day Activity Schedule
Greeley's Place Contest
-The Home Layout Tours are sold out. However, many layouts will be open for visits at alternate times during
- Brooks Stover's BC&G RR was added to the Layout Tours. However, it IS NOT on the Home Layout Bus Tour.
- A complete activity schedule is now posted, including all clinics.
-The Morning Norfolk Southern Tour has sold out.
-D&M Box Cars (scale) and all Michigan Alkali Tank Cars are sold out. D&M Box Car available in Hi-Rail/Flyer.
Benefits you receive by staying at the Sheraton Hotel for the 2016 NASG Convention
- The Sheraton has recently undergone a beautiful remodeling and updating. The guest rooms are wonderful, relaxing and inviting.
- Our Convention room rate is a super competitive $109 a night for a luxury hotel.
- You must be a hotel guest to sign up for the Norfolk Southern Training Center tour.
- All hotel convention guests will get free in-room wifi.
- You must be a hotel guest to be eligible for the raffle for free room nights that will take place at the Saturday banquet.
- You are on site for all the convention activities; have a meal at the hotel restaurant, enjoy a cocktail with S gauge friends, or just relax in your room between activities.
- Your reservation helps the host club make this convention a financial success by avoiding additional costs.
Convention VideoClick HERE to view the 2016 NASG/SMSG Convention preview.
SMSG Model Railroading - Summer, 2016...
| July 30, 2016 ... "Packet Stuffing" at Dave Campbell's home (layout above). Please plan to attend, Saturday, 1:00 PM, and help fill the convention hand-out packets. Packets were donated by River Raisin Models & S Scale America.
||June 12,2016 ... Gaylord Gill hosted the June meeting of the SMSG. Attendees were invited to take a trip on the Buffalo & Chautaugua Railroad. Click Here to see more photos of Gaylord's railroad.
- SMSG set-up in Oconomowoc, Wisconsin for the 2014 NASG Convention. Sig Fleischmann peeks over the tree line checking the action at John's Bar.
In 1978 a small group of guys interested in 3/16 model railroading initiated the Southeastern Michigan S Gaugers. The club was made up of modelers from the metro Detroit area, focused on S gauge model railroading, both in scale and American Flyer. Today, our membership includes modelers, collectors (AF, hi-rail and scale), manufacturers and distributors. In recent years the membership has ranged from 40 to 45 members, coming from as far away as Western Michigan, Northern Ohio and Ontario, Canada.
Many of us trace our railroad interest back to the toy trains of the 1950s and 60s, building tinplate layouts from famous names like American Flyer, Marx and Lionel.
We don’t limit
ourselves to any one facet of the hobby. Members build home layouts in scale, standard and narrow gauge,
Hi Rail and American Flyer Tinplate. As a club, we've built several modules, based on the S-Mod Standards, and display them at local railroad events.
Our club donated and maintains a small display layout at the Steam Institute in Owosso, Michigan. SMSG members have also constructed a large display layout and purchased a trailer to store and transport the sections to local train shows and conventions.
Interests & Activities...
- Scale, Hi Rail and American Flyer interests.
- Standard and narrow gauge modelers.
- AC, DC and DCC, with and without sound.
- Monthly meetings, September through June.
- Annual summer picnic in July or August.
- Monthly newsletter & eNews update.
- Club sponsored module layout.
- Large mobile display layout.
- Home layout operations in both scale & Hi Rail
- Yes, a handcar may be next.
Click here "Contact
us" or plan on attending one of our regular
meetings for more information.
June 29, 2016