SMSG Model Railroading - Spring, 2016...
|January, 2016 ... The January meeting of the SMSG will be held at the home of Tom Hess in Novi. Above photo was taken by Dave Held at the 2015 January meeting.
Click HERE for more photos of Tom's layout.
||February 14, 2016 ... Tom Hawley and Sig Fleischmann will sponsor the February meeting of the SMSG. It will be held at the Highland clubhouse. The club display layout will be unloaded, set up and trains run. Ken Garber photo.
|Convention VideoClick HERE to view the 2016 NASG/SMSG Convention preview.
- SMSG set-up in Oconomowoc, Wisconsin for the 2014 NASG Convention. Sig Fleischmann peeks over the tree line checking the action at John's Bar.
In 1978 a small group of guys interested in 3/16 model railroading initiated the Southeastern Michigan S Gaugers. The club was made up of modelers from the metro Detroit area, focused on S gauge model railroading, both in scale and American Flyer. Today, our membership includes modelers, collectors (AF, hi-rail and scale), manufacturers and distributors. In recent years the membership has ranged from 40 to 45 members, coming from as far away as Western Michigan, Northern Ohio and Ontario, Canada.
Many of us trace our railroad interest back to the toy trains of the 1950s and 60s, building tinplate layouts from famous names like American Flyer, Marx and Lionel.
We don’t limit
ourselves to any one facet of the hobby. Members build home layouts in scale, standard and narrow gauge,
Hi Rail and American Flyer Tinplate. As a club, we've built several modules, based on the S-Mod Standards, and display them at local railroad events.
Our club donated and maintains a small display layout at the Steam Institute in Owosso, Michigan. SMSG members have also constructed a large display layout and purchased a trailer to store and transport the sections to local train shows and conventions.
Interests & Activities...
- Scale, Hi Rail and American Flyer interests.
- Standard and narrow gauge modelers.
- AC, DC and DCC, with and without sound.
- Monthly meetings, September through June.
- Annual summer picnic in July or August.
- Monthly newsletter & eNews update.
- Club sponsored module layout.
- Large mobile display layout.
- Home layout operations in both scale & Hi Rail
- Yes, a handcar may be next.
Click here "Contact
us" or plan on attending one of our regular
meetings for more information.
February 11, 2016